Communication at End-of-Life: Train-the Trainer Workshop (Toronto, Dec. 6-7, 2017)
This two-day workshop will provide long-term care (LTC) staff with educational resources for teaching palliative and end-of-life (EOL) communication skills to personal support workers and other professionals in LTC. Using the train-the-trainer model, this workshop is intended for LTC staff who provide training and education in their LTC homes.
- Discussing definitions, myths, and misconceptions related to palliative and EOL care
- Exploring how personal values, beliefs, and experiences can inform your thoughts, attitudes, and care practices
- Understanding holistic care and the eight domains associated with illness and bereavement
- Understanding the four capacities required to establish a therapeutic relationship
- Practicing therapeutic communication skills: listening, paraphrasing, reflecting, summarizing
- Developing skills in communication with residents, families, and interdisciplinary teams
If you have any further questions, please contact Emily Kuurstra at email@example.com
To register, please click here.
*REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS NOV. 26, 2017*