Leadership in Long-Term Care and Retirement Living
Better leadership. Better performance.
Focusing on essential leadership capabilities that are in demand for today’s leaders, this 184-hour certificate program is for leaders and aspiring leaders, across all departments, at all levels of your organization. It meets the requirements for a program of instruction for Administrators in the Regulations under the Long-Term Care Homes Act.
Download the course flyer (PDF)
- Integrates leadership and management capabilities
- Customized to your organization
- Learners build Personal Leadership Portfolios
- Delivered through a hybrid learning format (mixture of in-class and online)
- Interactive online learning resources
- Engaging webinars and videos
- Individual and group learning activities
- Expert speakers and case studies
Duration: 184-hours (complete within eight months)
Start Date: May 17, 2018
End Date: March 11, 2019
Thursday, May 17, 2018
Thursday, August 2, 2018
Thursday, October 18, 2018
Thursday, November 15, 2018
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Classes run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Remote access is available for students who are unable to attend in person.
Location: Doon (Kitchener) campus
Cost: Regular Fee – $1820 per person
With CLRI bursary (Ontario only $1250 per person). Subject to availability.
Take advantage of the Schlegel Centre for Learning, Research & Innovation limited time bursary. Apply now. Visit www.conestogac.on.ca/ce for details.
Six core capabilities will guide your development of essential leadership skills:
- Making wise choices
- Modelling your vision and mission
- Seizing opportunities to improve
- Thinking creatively
- Mobilizing and sustaining change
- Solving complex and ever-changing problems
- Prioritizing and balancing many demands
- Communicating, collaborating and connecting
- Mentoring self-directed work teams
- Inspiring and empowering for performance
- Fostering authentic relationships
- Focusing on the customer
This program can be adapted for leaders in home care, continuing care, specialized geriatric services and acute care settings. Supported in part by funding from the Government of Ontario to the Schlegel Centre for Learning Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care (CLRI).
For further information on course registration, please contact:
519-748-5220 ext. 3635
For course information, please contact:
Mary-Lou van der Horst
Learn how this program has inspired others.
To view our success stories visit: http://www.the-ria.ca/schlegel-clri/conestoga-ria-leadership-program-success-stories/
Winner of an OLTCA Award
The Leadership in Long-Term Care and Retirement Living (CLRI) was recognized by the Ontario Long Term Care Association (OLTCA) with the 2015 OLTCA Quality and Innovation: Best New Product or Service of the Year Award in November 2015.