OARC Togetherness Training Workshop (Ottawa)
Co-sponsored with the Ontario CLRIs, this FREE two-day workshop brings together long-term care homes’ Residents’ Council Presidents, Assistants, and Administrators to build dynamic, meaningful, and influential Residents’ Councils by:
- Examining how teamwork and understanding roles contributes to the effectiveness of Residents’ Councils
- Exploring effective tools, strategies, and relevant legislation
- Learning ways to ensure Residents’ Councils meet expectations set out by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Developing peer-to-peer support networks
DAY 1: March 29, 2017 – 10AM to 3:45PM (registration begins at 9AM)
- Celebrate your Residents’ Councils’ mission statement
- Build your team – the basics
- Review legislation and residents’ councils
- Hear from togetherness training graduates successfully integrating OARC tools
- Utilize learning circles to brainstorm
DAY 1 is intended for Residents’ Council Presidents, Assistants, and Administrators.
DAY 2: June 19, 2017 – 10AM to 3:45PM (registration begins at 9AM)
- Learn from our reflections: success and challenges
- Build your Residents’ Council meeting
- Explore inclusivity and representation
- Foster OARC peer networks via learning circles to brainstorm
- Discuss next steps for support
DAY 2 is intended for Residents’ Council Presidents and Assistants.
REGISTER ONLINE by January 31, 2017 (5PM). Registration is limited to 15 home teams.
A travel bursary (up to $80 per home for each workshop day) will be available to assist homes with the expense of resident transportation. Additional staff are welcome, should extra personal assistance be required for the resident leader to attend the workshop – please contact Ontario Association of Residents’ Councils (OARC) if additional staff are attending.
For more information, please contact OARC at 1-800-532-0201 or email@example.com