January 18, 2018, 12-1 p.m. EST – “It Takes the Loneliness Away”: Reducing Social Isolation Among Older Adults
Presented by: Kristine Theurer, MA (Gerontology), PhD Candidate, University of British Columbia
This webinar will:
- Discuss the mental health challenges facing older adults and learn how peer support can help advance current psychosocial care practices.
- Evaluate the research results of the implementation of the Java peer support programs among continuing care communities.
- Explore take home strategies to incorporate peer support as part of a new psychosocial care approach.
February 6, 2018, 12-1 p.m. EST – Champlain BASETM eConsult Expansion in Long-term Care in Ontario
Presented by: Dr. Clare Liddy, M.Sc., M.D. Clinical Scientist and Physician, Bruyère Research Institute
This webinar will discuss:
- eConsult background and origins
- The need for specialist access in long-term care
- What we know about the benefits of eConsult
- The current project
- How to become involved in the program
- Q&A and next steps