This FREE two-day workshop will provide long-term care (LTC) educators with tools and resources for teaching palliative and end-of-life (EOL) communication skills to personal support workers and other professionals in long-term care. Using the train-the-trainer model, this workshop is intended for long-term care educators who provide training and education in their long-term care homes.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL PREPARE LTC EDUCATORS TO PROVIDE TRAINING ON:
- Discussing definitions, myths, and misconceptions related to palliative and end-of-life care
- How values, beliefs, and experiences can inform your thoughts, attitudes, and care practices
- Understanding holistic care and the eight domains associated with illness and bereavement
- Understanding the four capacities required to establish a therapeutic relationship
- Practicing therapeutic communication skills: listening, paraphrasing, reflecting, summarizing
- Developing skills in communication with residents, families, and interdisciplinary teams
|North Bay||March 1, 2018 (8AM-4PM) & March 2, 2018 (8AM-4PM)|
|Windsor||March 1, 2018 (8AM-4PM) & March 2, 2018 (8AM-4PM)|
COURSE APPLICATION FORM:
Please complete the online COURSE APPLICATION FORM to apply for this training opportunity.
Application Deadline: February 20, 2018.
For more information, please contact Emily Kuurstra at firstname.lastname@example.org