This FREE two-day workshop is intended for RPNs and RNs who have high potential to excel in leadership and who currently work in Ontario long-term care (LTC) homes.
At the end of Day One, participants will:
- Be able to describe principles of leadership and their personal leadership style and skills.
- Be able to discuss the importance of leadership in the workplace.
- Be more comfortable and confident using communications skills for delegation, conflict resolution, and empowerment of colleagues in the workplace.
- Have increased confidence to implement leadership strategies in the workplace.
At the end of Day Two, participants will:
- Be able to describe the concept of mentorship and relate it to their personal professional development.
- Identify facilitators and challenges to implementing leadership practices in their workplace, in conjunction with someone working in a leadership role within their LTC home.
- Describe strategies to address barriers to implementing leadership practices in their workplace.
- Develop a plan for mentorship after the workshop including identifying a leadership mentor, and approaches for initiating the mentorship relationship.
- Identify personal objectives for moving forward to implement leadership practices in their workplace.
Day One: March 19, 2018 (8AM-4PM)
Day Two: March 20, 2018 (8AM-4PM)
Nurses are required to attend both workshop dates. Nurses’ direct supervisors are required to attend Day Two from 12PM-4PM.
Lanark Lodge, 115 Christie Lake Road, Perth, ON, K7H 3C6
COURSE APPLICATION FORM:
Please complete the online COURSE APPLICATION FORM to apply for this training opportunity.
Application Deadline: March 5, 2018
For more information, please contact Michelle Fleming at email@example.com.