Are you looking for innovative, interactive, and effective ways to train team members in your long-term care (LTC) home?
Do you want to improve the capacity and competency of your LTC team?
Are workforce recruitment and retention priority areas for your organization?
If so – we’d like to introduce you to ALPHA – a free virtual learning platform designed by LTC for LTC.
What can ALPHA do for you?
The Accelerator for Learning Inter-Professionally in Healthcare App (ALPHA) is a simulation, coaching and community platform that provides a virtual space with simulated cases and a serious educational game for teams and individuals in the long-term care sector to practice caring for virtual residents
ALPHA can help you:
- Accelerate your new team members’ training and orientation process with a powerful learning tool to support virtual training and practice opportunities
- Increase the knowledge and retention of your LTC team
- Increase workflow efficiency and reduce the workload for your organization
ALPHA features and benefits:
- Virtual preceptoring experience focused on best practices, safety, and teamwork
- Orientation accelerator to give new team members a training boost
- Instant feedback for learners
- Performance dashboard for learning analytics
- Evidence-informed case-based simulations and (Ontario CLRI designed) resources
- Multi-media experiential learning with application to real world, common & outlier scenarios
- LTC homes receive unlimited PSW and nurse registrants
- Backfill available (On a first come first serve basis)
- Additional implementation support provided
- Flexible, accessible 24/7 learning
- Accessible on any desktop, laptop, mobile
How could ALPHA work in my organization?
Join ALPHA by filling in a 2-minute Intake Form
Apply (if needed) for backfill to support
Onboard and identify a local lead (e.g., educator, administrator) to get familiar with ALPHA
Connect to ALPHA Champions Circle for ongoing support
Enroll new team members (get them registered onto ALPHA platform)
Use ALPHA to accelerate your current onboarding
Monitor progress via ALPHA’s analytical dashboard
Build motivation and competence as a result of investing in your team
Improve care through the application of best practices to real-world simulations
Expectations and Time Commitment:
We are excited to offer ALPHA for one year to any long-term home in Ontario.
To gain access to ALPHA, you would need to:
- Be based in Ontario
- Have new hires and staff who started within the last 6 months
- Have a letter of interest from leadership
- Identify team member(s) from your organization who would be the local lead and support ALPHA introduction and roll out in your organization and join the ALPHA Champions Circle (ACC)
- Backfill Pay (limited availability)
Access to technical, implementation, education support to assist the rollout of ALPHA at your local site
Including access to the ALPHA Champions Circle (ACC)
The ALPHA Champions Circle (ACC) is a community that brings together implementation leaders and ALPHA champions from various organizations to regularly meet, exchange ideas on improving the ALPHA experience and share lessons learned. The ACC will be a safe place for LTCH ALPHA Leads to share concerns and insights with support from technology, implementation, and educational content experts.
Demo Coming Soon!
This ALPHA Initiative is led in partnership by