Enhance your team’s knowledge of respecting and promoting resident rights with our new Orientation eLearning course!
The Ontario CLRI at the RIA is pleased to announce a new eLearning Course, Respecting and Promoting Residents Rights in Long-Term Care. Aligned with the Fixing Long-Term Care Act, this course helps team members, volunteers and essential caregivers with knowledge and skills on resident rights.
Throughout this course, learners will explore how to promote and respect resident rights, while creating an environment where residents feel at home, are treated with respect, and have the support they need to thrive. This course is available at no cost and is aligned with MoLTC training requirements.
With this course, learners will immerse themselves in an interactive care setting that incorporates real-life situations shared by residents living in long-term care across Ontario.
This eLearning course, part of the Orientation course series, was developed by the Ontario CLRI at the RIA in 2023 with the generous support of Schlegel Villages, in collaboration with Ontario Association for Residents’ Councils (OARC). We would like to thank the people who contributed to the development and review of content for this course including:
- Gale Ramsden, Perley Health
- Jim Gilhuly, Sunnyside Home
- Devora Greenspon, Extendicare Bayview
- Stephanie Ventura, Education and Community Engagement Manager, Ontario Association of Residents’ Councils
- Vanda Koukounakis, VP Support Office Services, Schlegel Villages
- Pam Wiebe, Quality Specialist, Schlegel Villages