Engaging the Stage: Using Theatre to Enhance Interprofessional Team Competencies
Applied theatre uses facilitated theatre games and exercises to help participants reflect deeply on concepts essential to professional healthcare practice such as communication and empathy. The exercises are fun, easy to do and accessible to a wide range of learners. Learn how to use this approach in your own education, training and professional work.
By the end of the workshop, educators will:
- Understand the value of applied theatre as a vehicle for meaningful and embodied learning
- Develop skill in using the techniques of applied theatre to enhance team competencies
- Develop skill in debriefing exercises and guiding reflective practice
- Learn practical applications of applied theatre for use in your own setting
- Join a community of practice to continue the conversation about using applied theatre in health education
A limited number of accommodation bursaries are available for LTC home educators who both live outside the GTA and stay over to attend our CLRI Dec. 11th Educator Day! Contact Gajan at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Would you like to know more? Watch an intro on You Tube!