Happening April 22 – 24, 2020 in Toronto, AdvantAge Ontario’s Annual General Meeting and Convention is Ontario’s largest gathering of senior staff from not-for-profit long term care homes, seniors’ housing and community service organizations.
In addition to our booth (located at booth # V01/ V02), the Ontario CLRI will be presenting the following:
April 23 | The Journey to Transform Life in LTC: A Regional Collaboration
- Explore the journeys of three Champlain region long term care homes towards a less institutional, more social and person-centered culture.
- Gain insight into how they were supported in their unique approaches to culture change by a grassroots regional working group of community partners.
- Get practical leadership tools for making a fundamental culture shift, as well as strategies for engaging stakeholders, empowering your team and tracking successes.
April 24 | Your Home, My Home: A Toolkit to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in LTC
- Be among the first to access the new Diversity and Inclusion Toolkit, to be launched during this presentation by the Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care.
- Explore resources this toolkit offers for self-reflection and organizational assessment; providing inclusive care and environments; developing and implementing diversity and inclusion commitments; policy and program modifications; education; and more.
- Leave with two valuable strategies for creating or enhancing a welcoming home for all those who live, work, or visit there.
April 24 | Grow Your Own PSWs: Regional Adaptations of the Living Classroom in LTC
Learn about the benefits of the Living Classroom, a postsecondary partnership program for addressing PSW shortages, including its impact on PSW recruitment and retention.
Explore evidence collected from use and regional adaptation of this model in different long term care settings, and implementation strategies for successful program delivery from a range of stakeholder perspectives.
Identify how to assess your organization’s readiness to start a Living Classroom.
Register today for early bird pricing! Learn more on the convention website.