These Rounds are open to all health professionals and students.
This session is designed to offer insights into the facts about suicide and help participants
to recognize signs of suicidal behaviour. Participants will explore how our perceptions about mental
health affect and suicide impact our ability to seek help, and will be introduced to practical
approaches to initiate a conversation about suicide, guidance on how to assist someone in crisis and
self-care strategies for caregivers.
This session is being presented by Brittany Stanley, Mental Health Educator at CMHA Peel Dufferin.
- Explore facts and fiction surrounding suicide behaviour
- Identify how perceptions of mental illness can impact our ability to seek assistance and
maintain mental well being
- Identify signs of suicidal behaviour
- Use practical strategies and tools to intervene in a mental health crisis and provide
support to those who are living with a mental health issue until appropriate professional
health is available
- Discover attainable self-care options to support overall mental wellness for caregivers
and emergency responders