Developing Behavioural Intervention Strategies
Dr. Yael Goldberg, PhD, CPsych is licensed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario in Clinical Psychology and Neuropsychology. She provides behaviour management services through the Virtual Behavioural Medicine (VBM) program at Baycrest, where she supports teams and families in managing behavioural symptoms of dementia. Dr. Goldberg supervises trainees at various levels of training, and serves as the Director of Training of Baycrest’s Pre-doctoral Internship in Clinical Neuropsychology.
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
• Review the elements involved in gathering reliable data in a functional behavioural assessment
• Provide an overview of behavioural functions
• Share intervention strategies borne from principles of Applied Behavioural Analysis
• Apply learnings to a clinical case
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
• Register in advance here. After registering, you will receive information about joining the webinar
• If you have any questions about these rounds or wish to be included on the distribution list, please contact Andrea Keddy at AKeddy@baycrest.org
• If you have Zoom Webinar questions, please contact Agnes Cheng Tsallis at email@example.com
HOW TO OBTAIN A CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE:
After having attended, complete the evaluation survey and enter an email address to request your certificate.
These sessions are open to all healthcare professionals and students to provide a learning forum to review leading practices in assessing and managing personal expressions, as demonstrated by individuals who live with dementia.
These Rounds are co-sponsored by the Behavioural Support for Seniors Program, and the Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care at Baycrest.