This Behavioural Support Rounds session is focused on using VR as a non-pharmacological intervention on a behavioural support unit. These sessions are open to all healthcare professionals and students to provide a learning forum to review leading practices in assessing and managing personal expressions, as demonstrated by individuals who live with dementia.
Learning objectives for this round
- Understand the benefits of VR in various use cases
- Understand how VR can be introduced into a behavioral support unit
- Differentiate between successful and unsuccessful VR interventions
- Mara Swartz – Baycrest Health Sciences
- Grace Chung – Baycrest Health Sciences
These Rounds are co-sponsored by the Behavioural Support for Seniors Program, and the Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care at Baycrest