Topic: New Canadian Guidelines for Alcohol Use Disorder & Cannabis Use Disorder: From Theory to Practice
Presented by: Marilyn White-Campbell (Geriatric Addictions Specialist) and Dr. Jonathan Bertram (Addictions Physician)
1. To provide a brief overview of the National Guidelines for Substance Use Disorder in Older Adults
2. To review the guideline recommendations for prevention, assessing, and treating Alcohol & Cannabis Use Disorders in older adults
3. To discuss implementing the guidelines using case-based learning
How to participate:
- You must register in advance for this meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join.
- Click here to register
- If you have any Zoom questions, please contact Agnes Cheng Tsallis
- To be included on the distribution list for these rounds, please contact Salma Shaik
These Rounds are open to all health professionals and students and provide a learning forum to review leading practices in the assessment and supportive management of challenging responsive behaviours in individuals living with dementia. The purpose is to offer practical approaches to support the work of front-line healthcare providers in caring for persons with responsive behaviours. Accessible through Zoom, these Rounds are co-sponsored by the Baycrest Toronto Central – LHIN Behaviour Support for Seniors Program and the Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care at Baycrest.
Your feedback is valued! Please submit your anonymous evaluation here.