Music Care, A Supportive Tool for Meeting Behavioral and Social Needs
Kayla Johnston, Manager, Programs & Volunteer Services, The Rekai Centre at Sherbourne & Wellesley Place
Harley Hansen, RPN, Behaviour Support Lead, The Rekai Centre at Sherbourne Place
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- An introduction to our involvement with “Music Care Partners Program” by Room 217
- Setting a strategic goal: decreasing the experience of self-isolation and behaviours through the creation of individualized music care plans
- A review of results and case studies
These rounds will take place in ABC Classrooms. Alternatively, you can participate via Zoom Video Conferencing.
This event will be connected via Zoom Video Conferencing hosted from Baycrest Hospital to various other participating sites.
How to participate:
Zoom is a versatile platform which allows you to use your desktop, laptop, mobile smart phone or tablet to connect to a video conference.
- You must register for these rounds prior to the start time. Click here to register
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Zoom containing information about how to join, which will include the link to connect via PC, MAC, Linux, iOS or Android and via telephone.
- Please refer to the link to review the hardware and internet requirements needed to join a Zoom conference.
- Please refer to this link for instruction on how to join Zoom
- Contact Tania Aragona to be included on the distribution list for these rounds: email@example.com
Baycrest Behavioural Support Rounds provide a learning forum to review leading practices in the assessment and supportive management of challenging, responsive behaviours; and offer practical approaches to support the work of front-line healthcare providers in caring for persons with responsive behaviours.
Baycrest Behavioural Support Rounds occur every 3rd Thursday of the month from October – June.
Please note, these rounds are restricted to healthcare professionals and students only.
If you have questions regarding these rounds, or would like to be included in the Baycrest Behavioural Support Rounds distribution list, contact Tania Aragona, Ontario CLRI at Baycrest: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you questions about Zoom please contact Agnes Cheng Tsallis: email@example.com
These rounds occur every 2nd Tues of the month from Oct – June. Next Rounds: Feb 11