Delirium, Dementia and Covid-19
Fran Wolfe, RN (EC), MScN, GNC (C)
Nurse Practitioner | Baycrest Health Sciences
Fran Wolfe has been a Nurse for many years and has dedicated her work to the care of older adult.
She came to Baycrest in 2017 and has worked in the Psychiatric Day Hospital (PDH), supporting the Geriatric Psychiatry Community Service (GPCS) team and started out as the NP on the Interprofessional Care Team (IPCT), which formed in 2018. Fran also assesses the community referrals incoming to Baycrest for the Ambulatory Outpatient services. Currently, she is supporting the tenants in their community within the Toronto Senior Housing buildings providing medical support and building wellness capacity.
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- List key precipitating factors of delirium
- Select appropriate screening tools
- Describe some strategies of prevention
How to Participate:
- Register in advance here. After registering, you will receive information about joining the webinar
- If you have any questions about these rounds or wish to be included on the distribution list, please contact Tania Aragona at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have Zoom Webinar questions, please contact Agnes Cheng Tsallis at email@example.com
How to Obtain a Certificate of attendance:
After having attended, complete the evaluation survey and enter an email address to request your certificate. You may expect to receive your certificate in approximately 2 weeks.
These sessions are open to all healthcare professionals and students to provide a learning forum to review leading practices in assessing and managing personal expressions, as demonstrated by individuals who live with dementia.
These Rounds are co-sponsored by the Behavioural Support for Seniors Program, and the Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care at Baycrest