LTC homes can now enroll for tuition and backfill pay for team members to complete the LIVING the Dementia Journey (LDJ) program. This funding is made possible through the PSW Education Fund. This training is open to not only PSWs, but other frontline healthcare workers, as well.
Enrollment sessions for LDJ are now open for January on a first-come, first-served basis:
Week 1: No course offerings this week
Week 2: February 10th
Week 3: February 17th
Week 4: February 24th
Week 5: February 28th
The LDJ program:
- Increases understanding of dementia and provides a new perspective on the experience of living with it
- Applies a person-centred approach to provide individualized support
- Enhances skills in relationship-building to support individuals with compassion and respect
- Shares strategies to recognize, interpret and respond to personal expressions (behaviours)
- Addresses ways to tackle boredom, loneliness, and helplessness by creating opportunities for meaning, purpose and growth
Looking for dates for Excellence in Resident-Centred Care (ERCC)? View upcoming ERCC sessions.
The PSW Education Fund is funded by the Ministry of Long-Term Care. The LDJ program was created by the RIA’s Murray Alzheimer Research and Education Program in collaboration with people living with dementia and their care partners.