LTC homes can now enroll for tuition and backfill pay for team members to complete the LIVING the Dementia Journey (LDJ) program. This funding is made possible through the PSW Education Fund. This training is open to not only PSWs, but other frontline healthcare workers, as well.
Enrollment sessions for LDJ are now open for September on a first-come, first-served basis:
Week 1: September 2nd, September 3rd
Week 2: September 9th
Week 3: September 13th, September 15th, September 16th, September 17th, September 18th
Week 4: September 20th, September 21st, September 23rd, September 24th
Week 5: September 28th, September 29th, September30th
The LDJ program:
- Increases understanding of dementia and provides a new perspective on the experience of living with it
- Applies a person-centred approach to provide individualized support
- Enhances skills in relationship-building to support individuals with compassion and respect
- Shares strategies to recognize, interpret and respond to personal expressions (behaviours)
- Addresses ways to tackle boredom, loneliness, and helplessness by creating opportunities for meaning, purpose and growth
The PSW Education Fund is funded by the Ministry of Long-Term Care. The LDJ program was created by the RIA’s Murray Alzheimer Research and Education Program in collaboration with people living with dementia and their care partners.