Are you interested in advancing your LTC home’s equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) journey? Do you have questions about how to improve the experiences of the diverse population that your LTC home serves? Are you wondering how you can better incorporate EDI principles into your LTC home’s policies, procedures and processes?
We are excited to announce the launch of the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in LTC Community of Practice (CoP)! This CoP will follow the momentum of the Allied for Inclusivity in LTC Forum held in April 2022, and responds to the desire of participants for more opportunities to learn and connect on this important topic.
A Community of Practice is a group of people who share a common concern or interest who come together regularly to learn from one another. We encourage LTC leaders, interprofessional team members (RNs, RPNs, PSWs, social workers, recreation professionals, dietitians, physiotherapists, physicians), residents and family care partners to join these discussions!
Upcoming scheduled sessions
- November 23, 2022, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Topic – How to Build, Grow and Sustain an Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee in LTC
- Guest speaker: Sagal Ali, Manager, Health Equity and Community Relations, Kensington Health
- January 26, 2023, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Topic – TBD
- February 23, 2023, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Topic – TBD
- March 30, 2023, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Topic – TBD
Future topics will be based on participant feedback and learning goals. Each session will include a speaker for 30-mins, followed by breakout discussion groups among participants.
- To create a space for members to learn from and share with one another around the topic of equity, diversity and inclusion in a safe and affirming environment
- To encourage people working, living and providing care in LTC to get peer-based feedback on their EDI journey
- To provide a space for new connections to form between people working, living and providing care within the LTC sector
- Provide access to educational opportunities, evidence-informed tools, resources and initiatives that are relevant to LTCHs
- To identify gaps and needs for those working in the sector to support capacity building
Space is limited! Submit a Expression of Interest Application Form to secure your spot. There are 150 spots available.