Celebrating 10 years of student partnerships and geriatric learning excellence!
Join us in our newly redesigned virtual hybrid Interprofessional Internship! Engage with your peers in facilitated sessions, project work and an online game! All Ontario healthcare professions students are welcome to apply for this paid internship.
Interns have the opportunity to:
- Gain exposure to the long-term care sector;
- Enhance knowledge, skills, and attitudes in aging and leading clinical gerontological practice;
- Apply clinical knowledge and skills in simulated care scenarios;
- Rehearse interprofessional geriatric practice competencies;
- Analyze current practice challenges;
- Develop and apply design-thinking skills in the creation of a sustainable, practice innovation;
- Exercise professionalism and goal orientation.
These objectives are supported through facilitated discussions with Baycrest leaders and experiential partners; collaborative, capstone innovation project; reflective learning exercises; hybrid-simulation care scenarios; and game-based learning.
Open to students and recent graduates of post-secondary healthcare profession programs, including: nursing, practical nursing, medicine, pharmacy, social work, psychology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, kinesiology, food and nutrition, therapeutic recreation, optometry, dentistry, speech language pathology, audiology, health sciences, and health studies. This exciting opportunity enables interns to explore a future in older adult health care, network with future and current healthcare providers, and shape their current practice.
“This internship is an amazing opportunity for students to gain professional skills and knowledge that is applicable to any setting in health care. I hope to use these skills to be a health advocate for the geriatric population in my future career!” – 2022 Internship alumnus
Hear graduates from our 2022 virtual program share their experiences and most valuable takeaways from the Internship in the video above.