To build on the success and sustainability of the Communication at End-of-Life program, in 2019-20, the Ontario CLRI at Bruyère will support training in LTC homes who participated in train-the-trainer workshops in 2017 or 2018.
Research has shown that providing education that engages the whole interprofessional team leads to better outcomes for residents. In 2019-20, all LTC team members, including ancillary staff, recreation professionals, allied health professionals, social workers, managers, the food service team, housekeeping and environmental team, alongside personal support workers, registered staff and physicians, are encouraged to participate in Communication at End-of-Life training.
To facilitate ongoing training, in 2019-20, the Ontario CLRI at Bruyère is providing wage support for CEOL trainers and PSWs as well as coaching to all participating homes.
• Supporting CEOL training to teams in LTC homes.
• The trainers who attended the train-the-trainer workshops will deliver three (3), four-hour training sessions of CEOL training to their own teams in the LTC home.
LTC HOMES WILL RECEIVE:
• Participating homes will receive $525 as wage support for the trainer and $300 for each participating PSW (upon completing 12 hours of CEOL training).
• Each LTC home will receive two hours of structured coaching led by experts in Communication at End-of-Life.
• Online access to updated training modules and to E-Learning refresher materials for trainers.
CEoL application form deadline
Friday, May 31, 2019
Applicants informed of decision (accepted or waitlisted)
Monday, June 10, 2019
LTC homes to confirm their acceptance
Monday, June 17, 2019
Deadline for LTC homes to complete education
Wednesday, October 31, 2019
Financial support claim submission deadline
Tuesday, December 31, 2019