Enrollment is open! Ontario long-term care homes can now apply for the All-In Palliative Care: The Team Approach to LTC training program. The application deadline is December 19, 2022 (11:59 PM ET).
For Ontario LTC homes that want to build their team’s competencies and capacity in interprofessional palliative care. An 8-hour virtual training program to help your team build confidence in communicating about and strengthening resident-centred palliative care.
- One application from each Ontario LTC home
- The application must be approved by the Administrator
- Attendance by a minimum of 5 interprofessional team members
- Names, roles and email address of learners must be listed (can be changed later)
- A laptop/computer/tablet connected to Wifi, audio and webcam for each team member (team members cannot attend together using one screen)
- Change the way you communicate about palliative care
- Change the way you support palliative care
- Explain the importance of cultural humility in the delivery of palliative care
- Determine ways you can contribute to a grief-friendly work environment
- Lesson 1: What is palliative care?
- Lesson 2: Palliative care sooner rather than later
- Lesson 3: Palliative care is everyone’s responsibility
- Lesson 4: Increasing comfort talking about dying and death
- Lesson 5: Grief is normal
If you have any questions, contact a member of the Ontario CLRI at Bruyère team at email@example.com or 613-562-6262, Ext. 1985.
The Ontario CLRI at Bruyère has collaborated with the University of Ottawa Teaching and Learning Support Service to adapt the All-In Palliative Care: The Team Approach to LTC training program to a virtual setting and update it to meet the needs of interprofessional teams in LTC homes.
We would like to thank the following interprofessional team members who contributed to updating this training program:
- Breanne Drury, RD, BSc, MHSEd, Registered Dietitian, Seasons Care Dietitian Network
- Tara Cohen, Program Manager, Champlain Hospice Palliative Care Program
- Ruth Richardson, RN, Palliative Nurse Educator, Algonquin College
- Adriana Rengifo, MA, Registered Psychotherapist, CRPO, Clinical Chaplain, Bruyère Continuing Care
- Sheila McKinnon-Ok, PhD, MSW, RSW, Instructor and Course Designer, Durham College and School of Social Work Instructor, Dalhousie University
- Miranda Burgess, RPN, Perley Health
- Mandi McKay, Resident and Family Support Worker, Niagara Region
- Rebekah Hackbusch, MA, Coordinator, Spiritual Care at Bruyère
The original content of this training program was developed in partnership with Algonquin College.
This work is supported in part with funding from the Government of Ontario through the Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care (CLRI) hosted at Bruyère. The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views of the Province.