REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
This page remains active as a reference for applicants.
This free certificate will help LTC educators upgrade their knowledge and skills, be deliberate about the skills they want to develop, and get support through experiential learning and peer support. Learn more.
Level 1 covers best practices and competencies, adult learning, education and innovative teaching strategies.
Classes are online and take place every other week for 90 minutes. Up to two hours of time outside of class may be required to complete session activities. There will be pre-course materials and orientation for students.
Level 1 Session Dates: Sept 13, 2021
Sept 27, Oct 12, Nov 1, 15, 29
Dec 6, 2021 wrap up
- Using adult learning principles in LTC to meet individual, team and organizational needs
- Innovating Education at the Ontario CLRIs to Meet LTC team practice improvement goals
- Ontario CLRI Educational Products: Applying LTC educational innovations in practice
- Facilitation Skills
- The Power of Learning to Performance Partnerships: Coaching teams to apply learning in practice
- Using evaluation to improve the positive influence of education in your practice setting.
We welcome applications from LTC team members who:
- Are employed in long-term care in Ontario at time of registration
- Plan, coordinate, and/or deliver education for LTC team members
- Able to commit to 90 minutes of class time and 2 hours of assignment time outside of class
1. When do applications open?
Applications open on June 16th, 2021
2. Where can I find the application form?
The application will be available online starting June 16, 2021.
3. How many learners will be accepted into the inaugural session?
We will accept 50 long term care educators from across Ontario
4. Why do you want my supervisor’s contact information?
Having supervisor support will make this training more successful and we will notify them that you have been selected for this opportunity.
5. What is the last day to apply?
The last day to apply for the SECL is July 16, 2021.
6. Where do I upload reference letters?
We are not accepting any reference letters in the application process
7. When will I be contacted if I am accepted to the program?
All applicants who are accepted to the program will be contacted no later than August 5, 2021.
8. Will I be contacted if I am not accepted into the program?
Yes, all applicants will be contacted by August 31, 2021.
9. How do I check my download and upload internet speed?
Please use the following websites to check your speed. You may want to run the test several times to get an accurate reading.
10. What if I have a low upload and download speed after I take the test? Will this impact my application?
These data are being used for information only and will not impact your application.
11. I’m having trouble accessing the application form, is there another way to fill it out?
You can contact the Ontario CLRI here email@example.com | 1-877-789-0614 and we will email you a copy of the application to fill out
12. What are the best browsers to use during the application?
Chrome and Firefox are the best options to use.
If you have additional questions, don’t hesitate to contact us:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-877-789-0614